There. I said it.
I officially picked the wrong word for 2009.
2008′s word was “change” and it was perfect. This year I did not do so good on picking a word… here is why.
I looked at ”thrive” as a word meaning to excel, to continue to move forward, etc… instead I got the bit about “thriving in bad conditions” which was not at all my goal for this year. Here is where we did well…
- We thrived as a family during a move to a new town and state in the middle of winter with 3 feet of snow on the ground.
- We thrived as a family as Matt has continued to look for a job this past year.
- We thrived as a family when other members of my family were dealing with issues of all sorts.
- We thrived as a family as we struggled to figure out how to pay bills with less income.
- We thrived as a family while dealing with the loss of my grandmother.
All of these are ways that we “thrived” this year. Just not exactly what I was looking for as I entered 2009, however.
Now, even though it is only the 16th of December, I am looking to 2010. A new year. A new decade. I am looking at what word will I kick off a whole new era with flair and style and capture all that I want the year and decade to be. I think that I have it.
I am going old school, kickin’ it 1985 style with my word, but I don’t care.
On January 1, 2010 things will be changing here on my blog, and hopefully, in a lot of other ways as well. I am making some changes and moving into some new paths and directions with my crafting, my family, and my goals in life. I will be taking baby steps, but I really want to take my 2010 word and live it up and embrace it wholeheartedly.
Other years I have been very serious and thoughtful about my word. Not this time. This time it is about this one life we have to live. This one trip on earth that we share. It is about embracing all that is creative, fun, enjoyable, and exciting about life and just going for it. I love my word and I will be happy to share it on 1/1/10…
Oh – and to kick off the new attitude a tad early, I was brave and went back to my real hair color at 10:00 pm Tuesday night… holy cats, here we gooooooooo….