is something I haven’t talked about in a while…
So, I decided tonight, after a weekend with my boys, whom I have been desperately missing each week, to make a list of some of the moments that I am grateful for…
- Snuggling, under the covers, with the windows open, in the quiet early morning. Jacob falling back asleep on one arm and Owen talking quietly to me on the other.
- My own bed, with my own pillow, my favorite sheets, and my comforter.
- The smell of my boys fresh out of the shower and “fresh” from a day of playing outside.
- Watching Owen ride his big wheel, pretending he is Lightning McQueen…
- Jacob curling up on my lap to read a book.
- Cooking at home and eating at the table as a family.
- Picnics with the boys.
- Curling up on the couch and watching a movie together.
- A mild August.
- The smell of cinnamon rolls and bacon in the morning.
- Making my own coffee.
- Taking pics of everyday moments.
- The sound of crickets outside.
- Baseball – especially Cubs baseball…
- Matt – in more ways than I can even list.
- The feel of holding a hand, smaller than mine, knowing it is full of love.
- Kissing the boys goodnight.
- Huggies and “uppies”
- Parking the car in the driveway.
- The smells of home.
- The Sunday paper – the ads and the simple act of looking for coupons.
- An evening, relaxing and talking to Matt.
- God’s protection and divine grace over our family.
While they are small things to some, they are the things that make my life special. And, for that, I am grateful.