Today is my dad’s birthday. Yes, my dad with the part-Irish heritage was actually born on St. Patrick’s Day. Today I am feeling a bit sentimental about my dad and feel like listing a few things that I love about him…
- He put a hammer in my hand as soon as I could walk.
- He taught me to love the Dallas Cowboys (even though we are from Illinois).
- He pushed me to be the best I can be.
- He took me fishing, camping, and hiking as a kid.
- He taught me what to pack in the car when driving in the winter.
- He showed me how to use a sewing machine.
- He has helped us with remodelling projects – a lot with the electrical parts that make me so nervous.
- He likes Matt and has they have even played golf together. (Nice to have your dad and hubby get along.)
- He loves my boys.
- He will always be there for me, no matter what.
Happy Birthday Dad – I love you…