This is a project that I have been trying to time find to at least get started… organizing my layouts.
As much as I know that I don’t have to be so organized, I just can’t help it. When it comes to creating, I am totally cool with getting messy, etc… but I am still very uptight about having my layouts in order and organized per year, in total chronological order.
When I had to start storing finished layouts in boxes, I started to twitch. When I started busting the spines on post-bound books, I started to twitch more. When I realized these layouts were not in any order at all, I really started to lose it.
So, when I had some time Wednesday night, I broke out the boxes, the busted albums, and got to work… it was a bit more of a challenge than I had expected. All of 2007 and 2008 had to be put away. Then, I realized this was only the tip of the iceburg. I did come to another revelation… I have outgrown the typical post-bound books and have graduated to the d-ring American Crafts album. I have loved them for quite a while now for my 6×6 books, and now that I have my 12×12’s in them, I am in love. They do not squish the layouts together and give the ones with more junk on them room to breathe, without damaging anything – I love it!!!
I still have the boys’ books to move into better albums, as well as 2004-2006, and get 2009 so far into a book. But, at least this is a start!
And, the twitching has subsided, for now…