I am a few days late doing this, but I am getting it done.
I am finding it hard to scrapbook this little book that I have carried with me – everywhere – for a year…
I did a little thinking and realized that this book has:
- been to 16 states
- been to Canada
- been to funerals
- been to birthdays
- lived with me in IL and WI, and during that homeless Christmas week last year as well.
- it has attended scrapbook events
- it has attended garden events
- it has been with me on sunny days, rainy days, happy days, and sad days
- it has been a fixture in my purse – happily shown to friends and family
- it has brought me joy and tears
- it has been an integral part of my life for 365+ days now…
This little project – a teeny tiny mini-book – has been a part of me. I look back and see how much has changed in a year and also what has not changed at all. I cry when I look at it while travelling, missing my kids. I glow with pride when I show the kids off, however…
Thank you, Stacy, for inviting me to be a part of the inner circle who got to take part in this project.
Now comes the hard task of summing it all up into one layout. This project was something much bigger than a 12×24 spread in my family album… not comes the task of figuring out how to properly document its meaning, along with all of my feelings about it and the year it represents.